A FO! orchestra (DK/ML/FIN/EE/GUI) represents striking musicianship, talent and co-operation across cultural and geographical borders. The music is an inspiring mix of soulful West-African singing, groovy riffs, sassy improvisations, jaw-dropping dance numbers, quirky throat singing, rare instruments, jazzy solos – and much more.
What does “a fo” mean? read more...
A FO! members are all experienced world music professionals, originally brought together by the Royal Academy of Music in Aarhus and the Sibelius-Academy of Finland.
- Clara Aaholm – keyboards, balafon, percussion, vocals (DK)
- Eliza Boye Mouritsen – percussion, dance, violin, vocals (DK)
- Jenni Hanikka – flutes and vocals (FIN)
- Kirsi Tilk – guitars, vocals (EE/DK)
- Maarika Autio – balafon, kora, vocals, dance (FIN)
- Mette Marie Jensen Ørnstrup – percussion, vocals (DK)
- Salomé Dembélé/ Fanta Yayo – vocals, dance and tama (ML/GUI)